: Letters to the COW Team
: Ronald Lindeboom
: Creative COW's Brand New News Dept. Features and Functions
Kathlyn and I have been cleaning up the news section and adding a number of new features
to the news department to make it easier for you to find things you're interested in, as well as help you search wider and deeper in much less time than you've been able to do in the past.
Here are a few of new features that we've been adding...
- At the bottom of most all the news items, you will find a "More News From [This Company]" link. Clicking one of these links will bring you to the archive page for that company, which features the news history of that company in the COW archives.
(For an example, visit this SGO Mistika news item and scroll to the bottom, and there at the bottom of the post, you will find the "More News From SGO" link.)
HOW TO FIND THE "MORE NEWS ABOUT..." LINK:
At the bottom of nearly every news item, you will find the "More News About..." link.
Click it and you will be taken to that company's "archive" in the COW.
AN EXAMPLE OF AN ARCHIVE NEWS PAGE:
Many companies in Creative COW have long histories here
- Each archive page also features the basics about that company, who they are and what they do -- which will help you quickly learn about companies that are new to you, whom you might run into researching a product or a service.
and you can find out about their story in their news archive.
THE MAIN NEWS PAGE AND FEATURED ITEMS
On the main Creative COW News page at news.creativecow.net
, you will find some items that are "promoted" which are presented first and are larger and colored to stand out from all the other many news items. These items are:
FEATURED NEWS ITEMS ON OUR NEWS PAGE LOOK LIKE THIS:
Featured news items purposely stand out above the other news items.
- Announcements from the COW's sponsors, who make Creative COW possible and have kept our lights on for many years now. Please support them when you can and thank them for being a part of Creative COW. (We will include others in our news section but think it fair to feature those who have been our committed sponsors over the years. We hope you agree and understand.)
- We will also feature news items that we think you may likely be interested in or might easily benefit from.
- There are also important industry announcements about events or from organizations that are a key part of this industry. We want you to be aware of them.
- There might also be important webcasts or live online events that you might find of interest and so we will promote some of them -- most will not be from sponsors but some will be from time to time.
- We have included some of our own direct competitors in both the news department and within the featured news items -- please keep that in mind if you wish to accuse us of some nefarious activity. (Hey, it's the internet and we've learned over the last twenty-something years of doing this that it truly takes all kinds and there's no accounting for how some people see and report things.)
We are also including a few of these highlighted news items in our weekly Creative COW Newsletter. You will find them in the news section of the newsletter and they will carry the characteristic look of the highlighted items in the News section.
FEATURED NEWS ITEMS IN THE CREATIVE COW NEWSLETTER
Featured items in the newsletter appear at the top of each news section, as seen above.
We hope that you find these new features useful.
Thank you for being a part of Creative COW.
Ron & Kathlyn Lindeboom
Co-Founders, Creative COW LLC
|Related Articles / Tutorials:|
Business & Marketing
Clients or Grinders: The Choice Is Yours -- Understanding the Three Market Types
In this article, Creative COW co-founder Ronald Lindeboom explores a concept that will empower your negotiations, streamline your client acceptance policy and give you a near-failsafe system for spotting winning clients and quickly avoiding time-consuming grinders. This simple formula is so basic and easy to understand that once you see the concept, you will probably say: "I know this!" -- and you do, you see it working everyday in your business and in your life.
Tutorial, Feature, Business
|Building a Recording Studio|
Here are some tips from a guy who has worked with Ringo Starr, Sting and many others. Sure, there's the easy way. Then there's Doug's way...obsessive, but still on a budget.
Zero Dark Thirty’s Pipeline Partners Digilab and Codex
London-based workflow provider Digilab and manufacturer Codex teamed up to create a rock-solid pipeline for Zero Dark Thirty, which shot in rugged conditions on location in India and Jordan. Digilab's James Eggleton and Codex's Marc Dando describe how they created a custom pipeline to meet the production's needs.
Letters to the COW Team
People of an interconnected world
Creative COW is truly a worldwide body of interconnected people that reaches around the globe. What can any of us say except that our thoughts, hopes and prayers are with the Japanese people.
Letters to the COW Team
Every now and then, a hype word comes along that actually means something... Divergence is fun for us as media consumers. It’s a nightmare for us as media makers, though. The trick is to embrace the delight consumers find in all this divergence, and to let it soothe the stabbing pain between our eyes as producers. No problem, right? Right.
|Cows Around the World|
The 'W' in COW stands for 'world,' and we really mean it. Here are reports from Cows in Russia, India, the Netherlands and Canada about what they do, and what they're working on.
People / Interview