©Ben Consoli-The Go Creative Show. All rights reserved.
Film and broadcast production designer Hannah Beachler
talks with Go Creative Show host Ben Consoli about her work on Creed
, and the upcoming Black Panther
. Hannah Beachler is a prolific production designer with an affinity for realistic design that emphasizes emotional drama. Over the past few years, Hannahâs designed some of the hottest films like, Miles Ahead
, Beyonceâs Lemonade
, and the much anticipated upcoming film Black Panther
. Hannah and I discuss the role of a production designer, how she collaborates with the camera department, working with director Ryan Coogler and how she finds inspiration for each of her films.
Play The Episode Here
IN THIS EPISODE:
Hannah Beachler discusses...
The Go Creative Show is supported by
- What is a production designer and what do they do
- Why does the production design one of the first members of the crew
- Working with Ryan Coogler
- How to approach a period piece, and her work on âMiles Aheadâ
- What inspired the design of Miles Davisâs home
- Is New Orleans the next Hollywood?
- The production design of âCreedâ and the âRockyâ easter eggs
- An inside look at the production design of the upcoming Black Panther
- Working on Beyonceâs Lemonade
- Working on Moonlight and the power of the story
- and much much more!
- Hedge For Mac
- Kessler Crane
- Rule Boston Camera
- News Shooter
# # #
About The Go Creative Show
The Go Creative Show has become one of the most listened-to podcasts of its kind. It continues to grow filled with shared experiences and gear talk, as it informs, entertains, and inspires its audience. Shows have included interesting guests like Jeff Cronenweth
(Director of Photography : Gone Girl, Social Network, Fight Club), Stefan Czapsky
(Director of Photography : Max, Edward Scissorhands, Ed Wood), Michael Slovis
(Director of Photography: Breaking Bad, CSI), Igor Martinovic
(Director of Photography: House of Cards), Tim Webber
(Visual Effects Supervisor: Gravity, Avatar), David Burr
(DP Second Unit: Mad Max: Fury Road), David Franco
(Director of Photography: Boardwalk Empire), Tim Ives
(Director of Photography: Stranger Things), Salvatore Totino
(Director of Photography: Everest), Zach Zamboni
(Cinematographer: Anthony Bourdainâs Parts Unknown).